Want to read the latest RSVP newsletter…or want to see past issues? Just click HERE to open up a new page and click on the edition you want to read.
For information on the most current volunteer opportunities, click HERE.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
RSVP – Getting Things Done
- If you are 55 and older, retired or not, with some time to share and a desire to make a difference,
- We’ll match your skills, interests and talents with community needs right here in Frederick County.
- You’ll choose how, when, and where you want to serve.
What is RSVP?
RSVP, The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is one of the largest volunteer efforts in the nation. RSVP engages older adults in a diverse range of volunteer activities that address critical community needs. They serve in numerous nonprofit organizations, public agencies, and faith based groups.
Join RSVP and you’ll join over 300,000 volunteers across the country who are tackling tough issues in their communities.
As an RSVP volunteer you’ll receive:
- The personal satisfaction of knowing you are helping others
- Personalized volunteer placement
- The opportunity to use your experience and skills
- The challenge of interesting assignments
- The pleasure of meeting new people and making new friends
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
- Recognition of your efforts
Your Neighbors Benefit!
Among their many assignments, RSVP volunteers:
- Distribute food to families in need
- Deliver meals to homebound individuals
- Provide transportation to veterans and the homebound elderly
- Provide health education and outreach programs
- Provide interpretation services and citizenship classes
- Help individuals find appropriate housing, file for tax credits and locate resources for home repairs
- Assist agencies with volunteer program development
- Work with the Commission on Aging to help communities develop “villages” and the support networks to make them successful
RSVP Means Results!
Your time is valuable and we maximize every minute. We’ll prepare you for success with pre-service orientation and training from the organization where you will serve.
We’ll keep in touch to assure that the placement is a good “fit” for you.
When you volunteer, you are not just helping others, you are helping yourself. Volunteering leads to new experiences, new discoveries and new friends. And studies show that volunteer engagement helps you live longer and gives you a positive outlook on life.
Learn more about how RSVP is making an impact:
How Can You Learn More?
Start making a difference in your community today! Contact the RSVP office at 301-600-7900 or email@example.com to learn more about what opportunities RSVP has to offer you!
Sign up for the RSVP of Frederick County mailing list to keep up with events, volunteer opportunities and other important information!
RSVP is part of the Corporation for National and Community Service and is sponsored by the Asian American Center of Frederick.